- v keep busy with
- v live (in a certain place)
- v occupy the whole of
- v be on the mind of
- v march aggressively into another's territory by military force for the purposes of conquest and occupation
- v require (time or space)
- v consume all of one's attention or time
- v assume, as of positions or roles
the young prince will soon occupy the throne
- While smart phones occupy just 10% of the Chinese mobile market now, that will jump to as high as 30% next year, Zhang says.
- Magnum Photographer Stuart Franklin has spent a decade exploring the beauty of trees and the unique place they occupy in man's world.
- The products of billions of years of evolution, organisms occupy virtually every square centimeter of the planet's surfaces and fill nearly every imaginable niche.
News & Articles
- “Occupy The Streets” rally held at St. Sabina Church
Hundreds marched through Chicago’s Auburn-Gresham neighborhood for the “Occupy The Streets” rally and march, organized by Father Michael Pfleger and Saint Sabina Church, Friday night. The event marked the end of the school year, calling for peace as summer begins. …
June 22, 2013 - WGN TV Chicago
- “Sovereign Citizens” Claim Right to Occupy Vacant Md. House
Seven burglary suspects claim they had the right to “occupy” a vacant home in Waldorf, Md., saying they are sovereign citizens. Photo Credit: NBCWashington.com
June 21, 2013 - NBC Washington
- Occupy Mount Tabor Will March on City Hall This Wednesday
The reservoir rebellion is descending on City Hall. Oreganizers of the Occupy Mount Tabor camping protest will hold a kickoff march at Portland City Hall at 10 am this Wednesday, June 19 , demanding the city resume efforts to keep open-air drinking-water reservoirs in Washington Park and on Mount Tabor. "The City of Portland has given up trying to get a waiver for our reservoirs," says the ...
June 17, 2013 - Willamette Week
- Reggie B Walton in International Herald Tribune
People who occupy these types of positions, where they have the welfare and security of nation in their hands, have a special obligation to not do anything that might create a problem,US District Judge Reggie B. Walton said.
- Condoleezza Rice in ABC News
For her part, Rice said: "This is not 1968 and the invasion of Czechoslovakia where Russia can threaten a neighbor, occupy a capital, overthrow a government and get away with it. Things have changed."
- John Howard in The Age
I want to say that there is no prouder job that anybody can occupy than the prime minister of this country,Mr Howard said. "I wish him well in the task that he will undertake and I want to say on behalf of the Coalition that has governed...