- v expel (gases or odors)
- v give off, send forth, or discharge; as of light, heat, or radiation, vapor, etc.
The ozone layer blocks some harmful rays which the sun emits
- v express audibly; utter sounds (not necessarily words)
- They are typically made of polyethylene and can take up to 1,000 years to biodegrade in landfills that emit harmful greenhouse gases.
- It's likely that different printers emit particles in different ways.
- Jets are uniquely polluting, and the carbon they emit at high altitudes appears to have a greater warming effect than the same amount of carbon released on the ground by cars or .
News & Articles
- Plant Allowed To Reopen Following Allegedly Unsafe Arsenic Emissions
A battery recycling business in Vernon has reopened after state officials shut it down for allegedly emitting unsafe levels of arsenic.
June 18, 2013 - CBS 2 Los Angeles
- Brothers arrested following bar fight, scuffle with police
Tulsa police were called to 3340 Bar at 3340 S. Peoria Avenue in response to a fight that had broken out about 1:30 a.m. Sunday involving Alfred Ball III, 28, and Emit Ball, 25, according to an arrest report.
June 17, 2013 - Tulsa World
- Wireless Bonded LEDs come in 3, 6, and 9 W models.
Offering shock and vibration resistance as well as optimized heat dissipation, TitanBrite Wireless Bonded LEDs are flip chip LEDs that directly emit light from top and side with no wire bond casting shadows or creating uneven light distribution. RoHS-compliant units are available in light bar modules and round modules, both in cool white and warm white colors as standard. Blue is available for ...
June 14, 2013 - ThomasNet
- Barack Obama in MarketWatch
The market will set the price, but unlike the other cap-and-trade proposals that have been offered in this race, no business will be allowed to emit any greenhouses gases for free,Obama said. "Businesses don't own the sky, the public does,...
- Tony Blair in Reuters India
I think that what we need to do is look at how you make air travel more energy efficient, how you develop the new fuels that will allow us to burn less energy and emit less,Blair said in the interview, recorded last week in his kitchen, in...
- Dana Perino in Sify
It's good for India because it would help provide them a source for energy that they need, one that is non-polluting and one that doesn't emit greenhouse gas emissions,White House spokeswoman Dana Perino said.