- v become imbued
The liquids, light, and gases absorb
- v take up mentally
he absorbed the knowledge or beliefs of his tribe
- v take up, as of debts or payments
absorb the costs for something
- v take in, also metaphorically
The sponge absorbs water well
- v cause to become one with
The sales tax is absorbed into the state income tax
- v suck or take up or in
A black star absorbs all matter
- v devote (oneself) fully to
- v assimilate or take in
The immigrants were quickly absorbed into society
- v consume all of one's attention or time
Her interest in butterflies absorbs her completely
- Living trees absorb CO2, and as they are cut down or burned, they release their stored carbon into the air.
- Our ability to effortlessly absorb a new languageany new languagebegins to decline by age six, according to Robert DeKeyser, a professor of second-language acquisition at the .
- They've engineered two new materials one using a fishnet of metal layers, the other using tiny silver wires that neither absorb nor reflect light, causing it instead to .
News & Articles
- Purple Urchins Can Quickly Adapt To Acidic Oceans
Brett Smith for redOrbit.com - Your Universe Online As the levels of atmospheric carbon dioxide increase, the oceans are projected to absorb more of the greenhouse gas, leading to acidification of the water. This shift in oceanic chemistry is expected to negatively impact countless species. However, a new study from the University of California, Santa Barbara has found that purple sea urchins ...
June 13, 2013 - redOrbit
- Drs. Oz and Roizen: Lead exposure- the problem hasn't gone away
Recognized as the most significant environmental hazard to children in the U.S. and Canada (children's growing bodies absorb lead easily), high blood levels of lead are associated with irreversible IQ deficits, attention-related behavior problems and poor academic achievement.
June 13, 2013 - The Oregonian
- Abbott Launches Japanese Stent Trial
Results will be used to try to win Japan approval of Absorb bioresorbable stent.
June 12, 2013 - The Motley Fool
- Tilda Swinton in ktla 5
I think it's fantastic,Day-Lewis said. "If people absorb something that you've done - for whatever your reasons are, it's not relevant - but if that gets absorbed into the culture in such a way that people make something else, somebody can...
- Drew Gilpin Faust in domain-B
Given the breadth and the depth of the present downturn, even well diversified portfolios are experiencing major losses,Faust said in the mail. "While we can hope that markets will improve, we need to be prepared to absorb unprecedented...
- Condoleezza Rice in Forbes
People need the opportunity to absorb what they've heard,Rice said. "We have been completely transparent about what the intelligence assessment says. And people need a chance to read it. When they do that and when they read it in its...