- n the act of sucking
- v draw into the mouth by creating a practical vacuum in the mouth
suck the poison from the place where the snake bit
suck on a straw
the baby sucked on the mother's breast
- v draw something in by or as if by a vacuum
Mud was sucking at her feet
- v attract by using an inexorable force, inducement, etc.
The current boom in the economy sucked many workers in from abroad
- v be inadequate or objectionable
- v provide sexual gratification through oral stimulation
- v take in, also metaphorically
- v give suck to
The wetnurse suckled the infant
- Another site that can quickly suck you in: Getty Images' 10 ways, 10 separate, uniquely structured virtual paths through one immense collection.
- McCain should take his own advice and either suck up to everyone or to no one at all.
- How the rampant sucking up to the famous has undermined the language of private praise.
News & Articles
- Reusable Straw Tough To Swallow?
Fiji looks to suck in customers with a new reusable straw and cap set.
June 17, 2013 - Los Angeles Business Journal
- Pains You Can't Ignore
In most cases, men use a three-tiered system for handling medical problems: Gaping flesh wounds warrant a trip to the E.R., blood-flecked phlegm calls for a doctor visit and anything less demands a big dose of suck it up.
June 16, 2013 - Fox News
- Suck it up Buttercup 5k
July in Florida...Hills in Florida! Are you tough enough? Well Suck it up Buttercup and come run a fun and rewarding 5k to earn your Buttercup Finisher's Medal!
June 15, 2013 - WPXI Pittsburgh
- Ben Roethlisberger in WTOV9.com
Sports Illustrated reporter Peter King quoted Roethlisberger as saying, "I knew all along something was wrong. There wouldn't have been anything they could have done. It was just suck it up and play."
- Rod Blagojevich in The Republic
Blagojevich says the money would come in handy while "we have to suck it up for the next couple of years," meaning the remainder of his term as governor.
- Loyola Hearn in 940 News
These are a bunch of money-sucking manipulators,Hearn told a news conference in Ottawa on Saturday. "They're sole aim is to try to suck as much money out of the pockets of people who really don't know what's going on."