nurse : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n one skilled in caring for young children or the sick (usually under the supervision of a physician)
- n a woman who is the custodian of children
- v try to cure by special care of treatment, of an illness or injury
He nursed his cold with Chinese herbs
- v maintain (a theory, thoughts, or feelings)
- v serve as a nurse; care for sick or handicapped people
- v treat carefully
He nursed his injured back by lying in bed several hours every afternoon
He nursed the flowers in his garden and fertilized them regularly
- v give suck to
The wetnurse suckled the infant
You cannot nurse your baby in public in some places
- Like many nurses, Lucille Kinlein, 51, considered hospital work restrictive.
- The nurse may have done itbut the country's health care system could also be to blame.
- Opponents of health reform have found a new threat: home nurse visits to low-income parents.
News & Articles
- Nurse Accused of Dealing Drugs Stolen From Hospital
A registered nurse was arrested after police say he sold prescription drugs that he allegedly stole from the hospital where he worked. Photo Credit: Ocean County Prosecutor's Office
June 12, 2013 - NBC Philadelphia
- Registered nurse stole, sold drugs, NJ prosecutors say
Prosecutors say a registered nurse stole prescription drugs from a hospital where he worked and then sold them in the community.
June 12, 2013 - WPVI 6abc Philadelphia
- Ex-nurse charged in attempted theft of pain medications at hospital
A former nurse suspected of trying to steal pain medication from patients’ rooms at Swedish Medical Center in April was charged Monday, according to the Seattle Police Department. The Seattle City Attorney’s Office charged Rachel Nezat, 39, of Seattle, with two counts of property destruc
June 11, 2013 - Seattle Times
- Max Clifford in Times Online
Goody's publicist Max Clifford said she was on the "edge of a precipice". "She was in a bad way last night, she was panicking. The nurse was obviously concerned and decided she should call Jack. He went over and calmed her down and she went...
- Barack Obama in guardian.co.uk
So whether you are Suzy the student, or Nancy the nurse, or Tina the teacher, or Carl the construction worker, if my opponent is elected, you will be worse off four years from now than you are today,Obama said. "Let's cut through the...
- Dennis Quaid in Long Beach Press-Telegram
We all have this inherent thing that we trust doctors and nurses, that they know what they're doing,Dennis says on Sunday's "60 Minutes." "This mistake occurred right under our noses. ...... The nurse didn't bother to look at the dosage on...