engulf : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v devote (oneself) fully to
- v flow over or cover completely
The bright light engulfed him completely
- Located near the Afghan border at the epicenter of the chaos that threatens to engulf the region, Quetta, bulging at the seems with refugees, is a hot bed of gun running, drug .
- Both defended the action as precautionary, but there was a real danger that a minor border incident could suddenly engulf the subcontinent in all-out war.
- At worst, as the Iraq Study Group report warns, Iraq will become a failed state racked by civil war that could spill over and engulf several of its neighbors.
News & Articles
- Black Friday 2013 Laptop Deals To Look Out For
Add to this, the fact that this year’s event will be five days later than that of the previous one; you can tell the kind of mood that may engulf some of the shoppers. Set to go down on the 29th of...
June 25, 2013 - I4U
- South Fork fire forces town to evacuate
South Fork fire threatens to engulf the Colorado tourist town as officials evacuate 400 residents and visitors. In South Fork, fire crews are working to save cabins and homes from the approaching blaze.
June 22, 2013 - The Christian Science Monitor
- ‘On Sal Mal Lane,’ by Ru Freeman
A looming civil war threatens to engulf the multiethnic Sri Lankan street of Ru Freeman’s novel.
June 21, 2013 - New York Times
- President Bush in CNN International
If American forces were to step back from Baghdad, before it is more secure, a contagion of violence could spill out across the entire country,Bush said. "In time this violence could engulf the region."
- Sean Combs in Washington Post
The recent military offensives by the CNDP have radically compounded the situation, led to severe humanitarian consequences and thrust the eastern DRC once more into a phase of heightened crisis. This crisis could engulf the broader... Ban Ki-moon http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ban_Ki-moon&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNFIDDDOdKd-qT9hUhe56NEPnY21Lw BBC News http://www.google.com/url?q=http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/7715936.stm&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHvloHgVMNiNzyyFe6lpm-CLI0DzQ Nov 7, 2008
33175 42522 engulf It was more about experience and an understanding of how to completely engulf yourself and become a character and really give yourself up to the to the role," says Combs, an executive producer with Craig Zadan and Neil Meron, the Oscar-winning...