- n a steep place (as on a hill)
- v devote (oneself) fully to
- v let sit in a liquid to extract a flavor or to cleanse
steep the blossoms in oil
steep the fruit in alcohol
- a having a sharp inclination
the steep attic stairs
- s greatly exceeding bounds of reason or moderation
- s of a slope; set at a high angle
note the steep incline
a steep roof sheds snow
- When the Fokker began its steep descent, he began whimpering to Jesus and grabbing my forearm so tight, I felt my palm go cold from lack of circulation.
- It can balance on its back wheels to climb up a steep hill or roll over rough terrain while staying low to the ground.
- Congress enacted a steep tax on spirits in 1791 to help pay down the national debt, and hard-hit small producers protested by taking to the streets in western Pennsylvania.
News & Articles
- Steep Hill Laboratories and Halent Scientific Proudly Announce Historic Merger
Steep Hill Laboratories, Inc. and Halent Scientific, the nation’s two leading cannabis testing and research companies announce a merger to form the leading analytical cannabinoid testing and research facility (PRWeb June 12, 2013) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/6/prweb10823398.htm
June 12, 2013 - PRWeb
- Global shares, dollar recover after steep selloff
By Richard Hubbard LONDON (Reuters) - The dollar, world shares and oil edged higher on Wednesday, clawing back some of the previous day's steep losses as investors sought out bargains while staying on edge over central bank stimulus plans. Stocks, bonds, commodities and the dollar all suffered a sharp sell-off on Tuesday when the Bank of Japan's decision to leave its policies unchanged spooked ...
June 12, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- World shares recover after steep selloff
By Richard Hubbard LONDON (Reuters) - The dollar and world shares edged higher on Wednesday, clawing back some of the previous day's steep losses as investors sought out bargains with one eye on central ...
June 12, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! Finance
- Barack Obama in BBC News
Obama added: "The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep. But America - I have never been more hopeful than I am tonight that we will get there."
- Terry Francona in Wilkes Barre Times-Leader
With David and Manny, if they want to walk those guys, we want them to pay a steep price,Red Sox manager Terry Francona said.