abuzz : Definition, Usages, News and More
- s noisy like the sound of a bee
the room was abuzz over the latest scandal
- This oddball approach has generated a cult following, which keeps the community forums abuzz with product reviews and other chatter.
- Politicos are abuzz over the last hurdle Obama must clear in his path to the presidency.
- Daily Variety mentioned the dismal box-office in a story last month, and since then the web has been abuzz with news, gossip and (mostly) bad jokes about the film.
News & Articles
- Harbor Beach sees its better side
By Rich HarpFor the Tribune HARBOR BEACH — Those abreast of Harbor Beach politics were abuzz this week. They knew the meeting of the Harbor Beach City Council was about to go Hollywood.
June 13, 2013 - Huron Daily Tribune
- ESA Calls Cops On Ouya's Parking Party
The LA Convention Center is currently abuzz with activity, but the parking lot across the street is full of antics of its own, as the makers of the Ouya do battle with the organization that runs E3. In an effort to get around paying the fees associated with being a part of E3, the makers of Ouya have set up shop in a parking lot across the street from the convention center. Unfortunately, it ...
June 12, 2013 - Game Informer
- Santa Monica killings just one more forgettable mass-shooting (Column)
The nation is all abuzz about leaks, metadata and vast surveillance undertaken by the federal government under the guise of keeping us safe. But former deputy White House press secretary Bill Burton asked a poignant, if depressing, question Sunday morning on Twitter.
June 12, 2013 - The Saratogian
- Heather Wilson in BBC News
You knew what you were doing,Ms Wilson said. "You wanted us to be all abuzz. It lines your pockets."
- Paul Lo Duca in SI.com
I'm sure it's going to be abuzz,Lo Duca said. "It's going to be loud in here. A lot of the guys, including myself, are looking forward to it."
- Denis Pagan in The Age
If you look back two weeks ago, I remember waking up on the morning of the Friday we played Hawthorn, the whole place was abuzz, everyone was so excited,Pagan said. "In the space of two games we've lost all the respect that we've earned."