- a having power or capacity or tendency to absorb or soak up something (liquids or energy etc.)
- The expansionist logic of airlines and airports assumes that the air around and above us has an infinitely absorptive capacity and can tolerate any pollution.
- He soon discovered that the compressed cardboard backs of old television sets had just the right absorptive quality for the semigloss house paint he favored; he painted scenes .
- The reason: designers created an unusually calm pool, and calm water equals higher speed, so the pool has special absorptive mechanisms on the side drains to reduce reflected wave .
News & Articles
- Microwave Precision Fixed Attenuator has DC to 20 GHz bandwidth.
Supplied in 2.25 x 2.25 x 1.1 mm LTCC hermetic package, model RCAT 50 Ω fixed SMT attenuator has 2 W power handling capability. Absorptive attenuator, delivering reliable and repeatable performance, is RoHS compliant and suits wideband military applications as well as test and measurement equipment. Cu filled through-die vias and Cu metallization on backside provide low thermal resistance ...
July 22, 2013 - ThomasNet
- Ralph Recto in Inquirer.net
Recto explained that the idea of a performance-based budgeting policy was "those who perform well-such as departments that were able to implement projects based on the 2008 funding-will naturally get more resources and those who have the absorptive...
- Kofi Annan in UN News Centre
Financial aid did not bear fruit to the extent expected because it was at times ill-targeted and did not take into account the deficiencies in local absorptive capacity,Mr. Annan says.