abysmal : Definition, Usages, News and More
- s very great; limitless
- s resembling an abyss in depth; so deep as to be unmeasurable
- Reagan was a godsend after the abysmal Carter administration, which wrecked the economy and allowed radical Islam to flourish.
- Animal-rights activists claim the deaths are further evidence of Disney's abysmal record with wildlife.
- Tintin's standing in the polls was abysmal, a reflection of his brutal misadventure in the occupied land.
News & Articles
- Twins-Indians Preview
Following an abysmal stretch from their starting pitchers, the Cleveland Indians' rotation has been superb over the past week.
June 22, 2013 - The Associated Press via Yahoo! Sports
- Dreaming of Julia poised for big weekend
My Royal Ascot selections have been abysmal this week (literally haven't picked a winner), so I won't effort one on Saturday. Instead, I suggest Brisnet.com's Daily Selections & Spotlight Selections products --both of which have provided top selections paying $20-plus such as Kiyoshi in the Albany Stakes.
June 22, 2013 - NBC NEWS
- This Past Year Has Been the Best Run of Kane's Career
Following Glenn " Kane " Jacobs' abysmal feud with Edge in 2010—which featured the “Rated R Superstar” kidnapping Paul Bearer and dragging the poor man all over the country in a bid to get into the head of his foe—it looked like it might be time for “The Big Red Machine” to consider hanging up his boots. He’d been involved in too many awful angles to count. His ring work was largely fine but ...
June 20, 2013 - Bleacher Report
- Frank Wolf in Los Angeles Times
My own suspicion is I was targeted by China because of my long history of speaking out about China's abysmal human rights record,Wolf says in his remarks.
- Andrew Cuomo in Bloomberg
The performance of Merrill's top executives throughout Merrill's abysmal year in no way justifies significant bonuses for its top executives, including the CEO,Cuomo wrote. "Merrill's decision to be taken over by Bank of America seems to...
- Bennie Thompson in San Jose Mercury News
The department's implementation of the program has been an abysmal failure,Thompson wrote in a letter dated Thursday to Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff.