- s expressing offensive reproach
- s characterized by physical or psychological maltreatment
argued...that foster homes are abusive
- Much has been made of Marilyn's desperate personal history, the litany of abusive foster homes and the predatory Hollywood scum that accompanied her wriggle to stardom.
- In addition to having to work at night, call center workers must sometimes cope with abusive and racist remarks from overseas customers upset with jobs being shifted to India.
- Witness Alberto Mora, the Navy's former top lawyer, called the abusive interrogation program a "mistake of massive proportions.
- Ben Bernanke in International Herald Tribune
We at the Federal Reserve will do all that we can to prevent fraud and abusive lending and to ensure that lenders employ sound underwriting practices and make effective disclosures to consumers,Bernanke said in remarks prepared for a...
- Gordon Brown in Herald Publications
On whether there would be any more entries into Congress, he said, "just wait and watch. The comments feature has been suspended until further notice because of the posting of abusive and objectionable comments.
- Ruth Bader Ginsburg in Columbus Dispatch
Writing separately, Ginsburg said the assistant principal's treatment of Redding "was abusive and it was not reasonable for him to believe that the law permitted it."