- a relating to ocean depths from 2000 to 5000 meters
- s resembling an abyss in depth; so deep as to be unmeasurable
the abyssal depths of the ocean
- To prove this theory the Columbia scientists took cores of the material that forms the abyssal plains.
- There is an abyssal rift here under western Iowa, unseen.
- Mining companies know how to sweep minerals off the cold, abyssal plains 20,000 ft.
News & Articles
- The deep Greenland Sea is warming faster than the world ocean
Recent warming of the Greenland Sea Deep Water is about ten times higher than warming rates estimated for the global ocean. Scientists analyzed temperature data from 1950 to 2010 in the abyssal Greenland Sea, which is an ocean area located just to the south of the Arctic Ocean.
Sept. 25, 2013 - Science Daily