- v become imbued
- v take up mentally
he absorbed the knowledge or beliefs of his tribe
- v take up, as of debts or payments
- v take in, also metaphorically
- v cause to become one with
The sales tax is absorbed into the state income tax
- v suck or take up or in
- v devote (oneself) fully to
- v assimilate or take in
The immigrants were quickly absorbed into society
- v consume all of one's attention or time
- s giving or marked by complete attention to
- s retained without reflection
the absorbed light intensity
- When the last addition of stock has almost absorbed into the pasta, stir in the goat cheese and adjust seasoning with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- We have so many videotapes of parents actually backing away, retreating from kids who are absorbed by whatever they're doing.
- Energy from the sun is absorbed by the planet and radiated back out as heat.
News & Articles
- Watch Jamie Benning’s Feature-Length ‘Inside Jaws’ Documentary
For moviegoers, there might not be a more quintessential summer movie than Jaws. (Pun intended.) But even if you’ve absorbed every documentary about the making of Steven Spielberg‘s template-setting blockbuster, you’ll probably find something new in Inside Jaws. Jamie Benning creates what may be the ultimate fan documentaries, or “filmumentaries,” as he calls them. He’s [...]
June 17, 2013 - /Film
- Preferred Stock ETF Yielding 6% Recovers After Sell-Off
The largest ETF indexed to preferred shares that pays a yield of nearly 6% has recouped some of the steep losses it absorbed when interest rates shot higher. The iShares U.S. Preferred Stock ETF (NYSEArca: ...
June 17, 2013 - ETF Trends via Yahoo! Finance
- Roy Nelson Sets UFC Record in UFC 161 Loss
Roy Nelson set the UFC record for heavyweights for most strikes absorbed without being knocked out following his UFC 161 loss on Saturday night in Winnipeg.
June 16, 2013 - MMA Weekly via Yahoo! Sports
- Marcel Ospel in International Herald Tribune
Our losses in the US mortgage securities market are substantial, but could have been absorbed by our earnings and capital base,Ospel said in a statement.
- Beverly Sills in Forbes
I loved the role,Sills wrote in her 1976 autobiography. "I read everything that had ever been written about her. ...... I absorbed her so completely in those five weeks of studying the opera that I knew her inside and out. I was Baby Doe."