assuming : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v take to be the case or to be true; accept without verification or proof
- v take on titles, offices, duties, responsibilities
- v take on a certain form, attribute, or aspect
- v take on as one's own the expenses or debts of another person
- v occupy or take on
- v seize and take control without authority and possibly with force; take as one's right or possession
- v make a pretence of
- v take up someone's soul into heaven
- v put clothing on one's body
- s excessively forward
on a subject like this it would be too assuming for me to decide
- But that's assuming all the hurdles can be overcomeand they're decidedly high.
- Eventually they relented, assuming the pieces would soon wind up strewn around the kitchen, a plastic bishop stuffed into a teapot, the white king face down in a bowl of ph.
- He is not at all sure, and has no way of really knowing, whether the Lemba's ancestors left Jerusalem simultaneously with the Ark (assuming, of course, that it left at all).
News & Articles
- Justin Bieber's Cat Tuts Gets Her Own Twitter
You know how people get so invested in the lives of their pets that they create social media accounts for them, assuming that everyone they know is equally invested in their pets life? Justin...
June 19, 2013 - E! Online
- Fugron Man
I’m assuming this week’s GOOP will be all about cool ways to spend less than $450,000 on your First Communion. But, psst, I’m not sure Christ is down with his newcomers bringing both nip and navel with them to the altar (WHY can I see them here?).
June 18, 2013 - Go Fug Yourself
- South Carolina gets commitment from defensive end Arden Key; LB Kendall Joseph picks Clemson
Assuming their commitments hold up, South Carolina defensive coordinator Lorenzo Ward can look forward to having a pair of highly prized defensive ends on his unit starting in 2015.
June 18, 2013 - The Post and Courier
- Katherine Heigl in International Herald Tribune
I was assuming that at one point and I got a lot of shrugged shoulders and shakes of the head, so I don't know if that's a yes or a no. No one will tell me and I don't know how this is going to go,Heigl said, noting series creator Shonda...
- Padraig Harrington in FOXNews
As long as I could play, I was happy,Harrington said. "The wrist injury took some of the pressure off me, but it definitely was a nice distraction to have, assuming that I was going to go and play."
- Kevin Pietersen in Reuters.uk
I'm humbled to have been handed the captaincy,Pietersen said in a news release on Thursday. "Captaining England has been a dream of mine but I also understand I'm assuming the role in Paul's absence as he is the captain and leader of the...