don : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a Spanish gentleman or nobleman
- n teacher at a university or college (especially at Cambridge or Oxford)
- n the head of an organized crime family
- n Celtic goddess; mother of Gwydion and Arianrhod; corresponds to Irish Danu
- n a European river in southwestern Russia; flows into the Sea of Azov
- n a Spanish courtesy title or form of address for men that is prefixed to the forename
- v put clothing on one's body
The princess donned a long blue dress
- Joan Derrah, a lesbian who kept her sexual orientation to herself during her Naval career, recalls how the "don't ask, don't tell" policy led to a rise in interest regarding .
- I don't know what their responsibility is anymore.
- I offer a protection package and it does work, but I don't want to be associated with trading too much.
- Barack Obama in BusinessWeek
I don't make this decision based on any difference in policy with General McChrystal,the president said.
- Floyd Landis in True/Slant
As Landis explained in his confessional: "I don't feel guilty at all about having doped. I did what I did because that's what we [cyclists] did and it was a choice I had to make after 10 years or 12 years of hard work to get there, and that was a...
- Humberto Moreira in New Zealand Herald
That means there are 40,000 people who don't have any place to sleep,Governor Humberto Moreira told the Televisa network.