- v reproduce someone's behavior or looks
- v create a representation or model of
- v make a pretence of
- At Michigan, he participated in the scientific community's debate on how to simulate the detection of oil reservoirs using a supercomputer.
- Because computers don't have enough horsepower yet to simulate, say, every flake of snow in a drift, academics like O'Brien attempt to figure out how much we need to see to believe .
- Built by IBM for Los Alamos National Laboratory, Roadrunner will be used primarily to simulate the effects of aging on nuclear weapons.
News & Articles
- Digital Film Tools Revs Up Film Stocks 1.5
Simulate 288 photographic and motion picture film looks at lightning rendering speeds with GPU acceleration in Film Stocks 1.5 (PRWeb June 18, 2013) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/6/prweb10842077.htm
June 18, 2013 - PRWeb
- NHL Mock Draft 2013: SB Nation bloggers to simulate Round 1
We're two weeks away from the 2013 NHL Draft, and that means it's time for what's become an annual occurrence: The SB Nation Blogger Mock Draft. Beginning Monday and running through Fri., June 28, SB Nation's network of team bloggers will simulate the entire first round of the 2013 Draft.
June 17, 2013 - Philly.com
- The Feds And Wall Street Are Going Simulate A Cyber Attack Called 'Quantum Dawn 2'
At the end of this month, the Treasury, the Federal Reserve, The SEC, The Department of Homeland Security and major Wall Street Banks will simulate a cyber attack in a drill called Quantum Dawn 2.
June 14, 2013 - Business Insider