assured : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v make certain of
- v inform positively and with certainty and confidence
- v assure somebody of the truth of something with the intention of giving the listener confidence
I assured him that traveling to Cambodia was safe
- v be careful or certain to do something; make certain of something
- v cause to feel sure; give reassurance to
- v make a promise or commitment
- s marked by assurance; exhibiting confidence
she paints with an assured hand
- s characterized by certainty or security
a tiny but assured income
we can never have completely assured lives
- His fame skyrocketed in no time; burnout was virtually assured.
- Warren will be assured against punishment.
- Enrico Fermi, a supremely self-assured Italian American born in Rome in 1901, was the last great physicist to bridge the gap.
News & Articles
- Rest Assured, a Baltimore Bed Bug and Pest Extermination Company Released Their Guide on "How To Know If You Have Bed ...
Rest Assured, a Baltimore Bed Bug and Pest Exterminator is happy to announce their new guide on how to know if you have bed bugs. Their guide covers how to know if you have bugs, how to produce a sample and what next steps are to solve the problem. (PRWeb June 19, 2013) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/6/prweb10844758.htm
June 19, 2013 - PRWeb
- Video: Obama to Germans: America is not "rifling" through your emails
President Obama assured an audience in Germany that America is not indiscriminately "rifling" through the emails of ordinary European citizens, describing the National Security Agency's surveillance programs as a "circumscribed" system that has averted threats in America, Germany, and elsewhere.
June 19, 2013 - CBS News
- YieldBoost Assured Guaranty From 1.8% To 6.5%
Shareholders of Assured Guaranty Ltd (NYSE: AGO) looking to boost their income beyond the stock's 1.8% annualized dividend yield can sell the January 2015 covered call at the $30 strike and collect the premium based on the $1.68 bid, which annualizes to an additional 4.7% rate of return against the current stock price (at Stock Options Channel we call this the YieldBoost), for a total of 6.5 ...
June 17, 2013 - Forbes
- Scott McClellan in International Herald Tribune
I was reluctant to do it,McClellan told the Democratic-led panel. "I got on the phone with Scooter Libby and asked him point-blank, 'Were you involved in this in any way?' And he assured me in unequivocal terms that he was not."
- Tom Hicks in USA Today
I feel personally betrayed,Rangers owner Tom Hicks said on a conference call. "He assured me that he had far too much respect for his own body to ever do that to himself. Why should I believe that it didn't start before he came to the...