ensure : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v make certain of
This nest egg will ensure a nice retirement for us
- v be careful or certain to do something; make certain of something
- Senator Bordallo has been fighting to ensure that the people of Guam have a voice in Washington.
- But these drugs are not where they need to be, and when they are, spotty monitoring and poor health infrastructure make it hard to ensure that patients take their daily doses for .
- To ensure that as many Democrats as possible can cast their votes.
News & Articles
- Volkert tells Bessemer council the firm can help ensure minority participation in building city hall, rec facility
Volkert Engineering told the Bessemer City Council Tuesday that they can help ensure a high level of minority representation in the building of two large municipal buildings -- a new city hall and a recreational facility in Roosevelt Park.
June 14, 2013 - Birmingham News
- Teams ensure iPad playbook are safe and secure
Given the recent disclosure (which many of us already assumed) that in post-9/11 America the government can and does monitor a lot of the stuff we do, the secrecy-obsessed NFL has even more reason to ensure that its confidential information is secure. Alex Marvez of FOXSports.com addresses the steps teams take to protect the extensive…
June 13, 2013 - NBC Sports: ProFootballTalk
- Laos must ensure return of disappeared civil society leader
A new briefing examines the case of Sombath, an activist from Laos who was taken away in the presence of security personnel on the evening of December 15, 2012 and has not been heard from since. June 13, 2013 International The Lao government must act now to ensure the safe return of civil society leader Sombath Somphone, who is most likely a victim of an enforced disappearance at the hands of ...
June 13, 2013 - Amnesty International
- Barack Obama in The Guardian (blog)
This fund will not be controlled by BP. In order to ensure that all legitimate claims are paid out in a fair and timely manner, the account must and will be administered by an independent third party,Obama said.
- President Bush in BBC News
Iraq is now a different place from one year ago. We must do all we can to ensure that 2008 will bring even greater progress,Mr Bush said.
- President Bush in Medical News Today (press release)
Our children's health should not depend on the consciences of anonymous sources. Although McDonald's did the right thing by recalling these products, we need stronger testing standards to ensure that all children's products are proven safe before... Jackie Speier http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jackie_Speier&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNF5YQv5um0D3HCIIEGxKFJ11NvRXA San Francisco Chronicle (blog) http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/abraham/detail%3F%3Fblogid%3D95%26entry_id%3D65048&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNGbFGFX_jHE89qjrosRk0-CCVWMgQ Jun 4, 2010
33347 42645 entail Bush said, If Congress continues to insist upon expanding health care through the SCHIP program -- which, by the way, would entail a huge tax increase for the American people -- I'll veto the bill" (Reichmann, AP/San Francisco Chronicle , 7/18).