- v make certain of
- v inform positively and with certainty and confidence
- v assure somebody of the truth of something with the intention of giving the listener confidence
I assured him that traveling to Cambodia was safe
- v be careful or certain to do something; make certain of something
- v cause to feel sure; give reassurance to
The airline tried to reassure the customers that the planes were safe
- v make a promise or commitment
- Obama: "I congratulate President Uribe and the Colombian government, express my gratitude for everyone who aided in this rescue, and will do everything that I can to assure the .
- Soon the Great Depression in the 1930s showed that democracy could not assure prosperity either, and the totalitarian creeds gathered momentum.
- Concerned about the attacks on the clergy, church leaders have petitioned the President of India to "assure security for priests and nuns working for the poor.
News & Articles
- Police, CPS plan to expand ‘Safe Passage’
The Chicago Police Department and Chicago Public Schools are taking steps to assure parents their children will be safe on their way to and from school this year. Members of both police and CPS scheduled a news conference for Friday …
June 14, 2013 - WGN TV Chicago
- FDA safety communication: Cybersecurity for medical devices and hospital networks
Purpose: The FDA is recommending that medical device manufacturers and healthcare facilities take steps to assure that appropriate safeguards are in place to reduce the risk of failure due to cyberattack, which could be initiated by the introduction of malware into the medical equipment or unauthorized access to configuration settings in medical devices and hospital networks.
June 14, 2013 - Health Management Technology
- I&E Maintenance Engineer
This position is responsible for providing instrument and electrical engineering expertise to the West Memphis Site This position is to assure proper design, installation and repair of instrument and electrical equipment according to regulatory and standards.
June 14, 2013 - Rigzone
- Fabio Capello in WalesOnline
Capello said: "I am absolutely determined to succeed with the England team. It is very important we use the disappointment as a motivation in the future and I can assure the fans I am fully focused on our European qualifying fixtures, starting with...
- Tiger Wood in Newsday
I have to do the right thing for my long-term health,Woods, 32, said in the statement. "My doctors assure me with the proper rehabilitation and training, the knee will be strong and there will be no long-term effects."
- Stephen Harper in BusinessWeek
Let me assure you that no authorities of my church, or of any other church for that matter, will ever exert influence on presidential decisions. Their authority is theirs, within the province of church affairs, and it ends where the affairs of the... Mitt Romney http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitt_Romney&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHsbJvd1A8Hj2N-SfDDingX9k3-RA Forbes http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.forbes.com/feeds/ap/2007/12/06/ap4412314.html&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNF6i_FqfMX2k5-v9k7Fuf61okFhcg Dec 6, 2007
6087 8917 assured We are not out of the woods yet," Soudas said, speaking to reporters today in Ottawa. "The recovery in private demand is not yet assured in all G-20 countries and new risks have emerged."