- n a Swiss patriot who lived in the early 14th century and who was renowned for his skill as an archer; according to legend an Austrian governor compelled him to shoot an apple from his son's head with his crossbow (which he did successfully without mishap)
- v express in words
tell me what is bothering you
- v let something be known
- v narrate or give a detailed account of
- v give instructions to or direct somebody to do something with authority
- v discern or comprehend
He could tell that she was unhappy
- v inform positively and with certainty and confidence
I tell you that man is a crook!
- v give evidence
he was telling on all his former colleague
- v mark as different
- Joan Derrah, a lesbian who kept her sexual orientation to herself during her Naval career, recalls how the "don't ask, don't tell" policy led to a rise in interest regarding .
- But let me tell you this, I sat in that Kodak Theater the other day, I was there in Los Angeles.
- So why not just tell us what you really think? I laid out the reasons he can't above, but that's not going to matter to a reader who justifiably would rather read the story on Gawker.
News & Articles
- Tell Me More Wants Your Dream
A lot has changed since Martin Luther King Jr. delivered his 'I Have A Dream' speech fifty years ago. In honor of the anniversary, Tell Me More is asking listeners to share their dreams via Twitter. Poet Tehran Von Ghasri kicks of the series by sharing his dream of a world without stereotypes.
June 13, 2013 - NPR
- Feds tell NY judge they'll comply with order letting girls of any age buy morning-after pill
Feds tell NY judge they'll comply with order letting girls of any age buy morning-after pill NEW YORK (AP) — Feds tell NY judge they'll comply with order letting girls of any age buy morning-after pill.
June 13, 2013 - seattlepi.com
- Tell Me About It: Weather's not the problem here
Question: How do you tell someone you love that you think they might have a psychiatric issue that needs to be addressed, i.e., crippling anxiety?
June 13, 2013 - The Philadelphia Inquirer
- Donovan in Los Angeles Times
He said he will tell BP Chairman Carl-Henric Svanberg to set aside whatever resources are required to compensate the workers and business owners who have been harmed as a result of his company's recklessness. This fund will not be controlled by... Barack Obama http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barack_Obama&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHQ0yfPaaXFGqLKymRgcres0I2nuA Atlanta Journal Constitution (blog) http://www.google.com/url?q=http://blogs.ajc.com/cynthia-tucker/2010/06/15/obama-squandered-his-oval-office-moment/%3Fcxntfid%3Dblogs_cynthia_tucker&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNFzn2DMfo1CebvrMgGbzKFqSVsOig Jun 15, 2010
98777 131023 tell I don't know how they stole that last goal from us," a clearly heated Donovan said as he left the field. "I'm not sure what the call was. He [Coulibaly] wouldn't tell us."
- Fabio Capello in The Guardian
Sir Dave Richards has called me to tell me everyone at the FA wants me to continue,said Capello. "I explained it is very important we use the disappointment as a motivation in the future. I can assure the fans I am now fully focused on our...