- v recite in elocution
- v repeat aloud from memory
she recited a poem
The pupil recited his lesson for the day
- v render verbally, "recite a poem"
- v narrate or give a detailed account of
- v specify individually
The doctor recited the list of possible side effects of the drug
- There are cloistered Benedictine convents in the Church of England whose nuns attend daily Mass and recite the monastic Divine Office in English.
- So he and Lisa came up with a ceremony; they wrote a vow for fathers to recite, a promise "before God to cover my daughter as her authority and protection in the areas of purity .
- Though many of these precocious kids can recite the English alphabet or read newspapers in traditional Chinese characters by the time they're 10, their parents often still perform .
News & Articles
- Oregon House Approves Bill Requiring American Flag in All Classrooms
Oregon lawmakers are hoping to require all their schools to display an American flag in their classrooms — a move supporters say encourages patriotism. The new bill also requires that charter schools participate in flag display and an option for students to recite the Pledge of Allegiance in a weekly reciting of it. State law prohibits forcing students to recite the pledge. In a 51-6 vote on ...
June 14, 2013 - Opposing Views
- Naysayers and snubs are good motivators for 49ers' Gore
There were five running backs taken ahead of Frank Gore in the 2005 NFL draft, and it takes Gore less than five seconds to recite the list.
June 14, 2013 - The Sacramento Bee
- Review: FGCU students serve up "peachy" adaptation of Roald Dahl classic
I treasure Roald Dahl's children's fiction. I can recite detailed plots of four from memory. Thus, I approached FGCU TheatreLab's productionof Dahl's "James and the Giant Peach," with trepidation. If Hollywood has taught us anything, is is to be wary of toying with childhood. "The Smurfs" anyone?
June 13, 2013 - Naples Daily News
- Andrew Cuomo in Washington Post
The code you have proposed is inadequate in that it does no more than recite vague, lofty goals of generalized ethical behavior,Cuomo wrote Dallas Martin, president of the National Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators.
- Michael Bloomberg in International Herald Tribune
Today, as we recite the names of those we lost, our hearts turn as well toward London, our sister city, remembering those she has just lost as well,Bloomberg said. "And to Americans suffering in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina, our...
- Hillary Rodham Clinton in The Swamp - Tribune's Washington Bureau (blog)
Every one of us could stand up and recite all the reasons why we must elect Barack,Clinton said this morning. "I just want to make it absolutely clear we cannot afford four more years of George W. Bush's failed policies in America and...