- v render verbally, "recite a poem"
retell a story
- v make into fiction
- v to say, state, or perform again
- Taken together, his 11 novels, which include Ragtime and Billy Bathgate, retell the past 150 years of American history.
- Before King-Emperor George V, waiting at Buckingham Palace last week, went 100 erudite men to retell, rhetorically, the world's obligations to Baron Joseph Lister, born just 100 .
- But thanks to YouTube and this book, Rendall and Bourke have been able to retell the story themselves.
- Benjamin Franklin in USA Today
It has been necessary ...... to a considerable extent, to retell the story of the evolution of the people of the United States in order to place the Negro in his proper relationship and perspective,Franklin wrote in the preface to the book's...