- n the chance to speak
let him have his say
- v express in words
- v report or maintain
The registrar says that I owe the school money
- v express a supposition
Let us say that he did not tell the truth
Let's say you had a lot of money--what would you do?
- v have or contain a certain wording or form
What does the law say?
- v give instructions to or direct somebody to do something with authority
- v speak, pronounce, or utter in a certain way
I cannot say `zip wire'
- v communicate or express nonverbally
What does this painting say?
Did his face say anything about how he felt?
- v utter aloud
- v state as one's opinion or judgement; declare
I say let's forget this whole business
- v recite or repeat a fixed text
- v indicate
The clock says noon
- Health experts say the price bump for college students was inadvertent a byproduct of the Deficit Reduction Act of 2005, a federal law that went into effect in January.
- I always say, I will never do anything that's not genre.
- Fully 31% say they don't know enough about Edwards yet to offer an opinion on this.
- LeBron James in Xinhua
I can't say it was always in my plans, because I never thought it was possible,James added. "But the thins that the Miami Heat franchise have done, to free up cap space and be able to put themselves in a position this summer to have all...
- Stan Van Gundy in The Associated Press
Come on, an hour long? OK, it takes 15 seconds to say, 'I've decided to stay in Cleveland.' But we've got another 59 minutes and 45 seconds to, what, promote LeBron James? As if,Van Gundy told the local newspaper, "we don't do that enough"
- Barack Obama in msnbc.com
I say to the American people, this is a change in personnel, but it is not a change in policy,Obama said. "He has worked closely with the Afghan and Pakistan governments and with all our partners in the region. He has my full confidence...