- v speak, pronounce, or utter in a certain way
She pronounces French words in a funny way
- v pronounce judgment on
- A rose would probably not smell as sweet if it were harder to pronounce.
- He clerked for Supreme Court Justice Thurgood Marshallwho, unable to pronounce his name, dubbed him "Obeedoogee.
- In the last few years, other like-minded, health-conscious fast food restaurants have sprouted up around town, with easy-to-pronounce, linguistically neutral names like Bioboa .
News & Articles
- Long-awaited adoption legalizes bonds of love
Quanterious now shares a last name with Edna Allen — the woman he's fondly called "gafa" since he was a toddler and couldn't pronounce grandma.
June 12, 2013 - Daytona Beach News-Journal
- Akinosun enjoying early success at Illinois
Her name is hard to pronounce. She's hoping it will soon be hard to forget.
June 11, 2013 - WCIA 3 Champaign-Urbana
- Truck show revs up this weekend
For people who love old trucks and old cars, REO Speedwagon is much more than an iconic rock band. It’s a truck, one that actually gave the band its name back in 1967 when one of the founders, Neal Doughty, studied about REO Speedwagons during a class on transportation history. Although the band spells out REO, truck enthusiasts pronounce the three letters as one word, even if they do represent ...
June 11, 2013 - The Fayette Citizen
- Antonin Scalia in TIME
It is not the role of this Court to pronounce the Second Amendment extinct,Scalia wrote.
- Roman Polanski in Variety
I can no longer remain silent because the United States continues to demand my extradition more to serve me on a platter to the media of the world than to pronounce a judgment concerning which an agreement was reached 33 years ago,Polanski...
- Danny Boyle in USA Today
They have this expression -- which I hope I pronounce correctly -- in Hindi, which is when you do something, you should do it from the heart,Boyle said backstage. "The film was made from the heart, and we never expected to be here, and...