- n a brief description given for purposes of identification
the label Modern is applied to many different kinds of architecture
- n trade name of a company that produces musical recordings
the artists and repertoire department of a recording label is responsible for finding new talent
- n a radioactive isotope that is used in a compound in order to trace the mechanism of a chemical reaction
- n an identifying or descriptive marker that is attached to an object
- v assign a label to; designate with a label
These students were labelled `learning disabled'
- v attach a tag or label to
label these bottles
- v pronounce judgment on
They labeled him unfit to work here
- v distinguish (as a compound or molecule) by introducing a labeled atom
- v distinguish (an element or atom) by using a radioactive isotope or an isotope of unusual mass for tracing through chemical reactions
- The label was founded outside Windsor, Ontario, by a Canadian neo-Nazi skinhead.
- The alternative movement was dependent on the entrepreneurship of dozens of independent record labels, or indies, that sprang up during the 1980s as major labels focused more on .
- This year Zomba (which also includes Verity, a gospel label, and Silvertone, a blues label) could pull in as much as $1 billion.
News & Articles
- Recovering junkies power Austrian design label
VIENNA (Reuters) - Recovering drug addicts are powering an Austrian design label that aims to salvage not just people, but also materials that were destined for the scrap heap. Vienna-based Gabarage - the name combines the 11-year-old company's roots in a garage and garbage - now offers furniture made from old escalator steps, vases created from used soccer balls and tables built from film ...
June 27, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Graphic Products, Inc. Introduces Sample Label Packet For Industrial Facilities
Graphic Products releases a sample label packet, designed to demonstrate the range of safety and productivity label types offered by the company, compatible with its growing family of mobile, desktop and wide-format thermal transfer printers
June 27, 2013 - FoodOnline
- Natural & Clean Label Trends 2013: Who's driving the agenda? From Simple Truth to Open Nature…
USDA certified organic on a food label means something concrete. ‘Natural’ or ‘clean label’ mean something rather more fluid. But while the stream of lawsuits over ‘natural’ claims suggests more clarity is needed - particularly on GMOs - some general rules seem to apply, say experts.
June 26, 2013 - Food Navigator USA
- Tim McGraw in FOXNews
I'm saddened and disappointed that my label chose to put out another hits album instead of new music,McGraw said. "I've only had one studio album since my last hits package. It has to be just as confusing to the fans as it is to me."
- Bruce Golding in Sydney Morning Herald
Golding said the state of emergency "will be a turning point for us as a nation to confront the powers of evil that have penalised the society and earned us the unenviable label as one of the murder capitals of the world. We must confront this...
- Mike Slive in ESPN
We look at teams, we don't use a label,said Mike Slive, chairman of the selection committee. "It's not about mid-major teams and major teams. It's about teams. In the final analysis, it's about who you play, where you play and how you do....