- v make a proposal, declare a plan for something
the senator proposed to abolish the sales tax
- v present for consideration, examination, criticism, etc.
He proposed a new plan for dealing with terrorism
She proposed a new theory of relativity
- v propose or intend
- v put forward; nominate for appointment to an office or for an honor or position
- v ask (someone) to marry you
she proposed marriage to the man she had known for only two months
- To encourage investors to re-enter the stock market and foster corporate responsibility, he is set to propose that taxes on dividends be eliminated entirely.
- We propose a summit meeting of a representative group of world leaders to kick-start such a debate.
- Missile Defense Son of Star Wars for 2011 With enduring threats from Iran and North Korea, the Pentagon is expected soon to propose a European site, probably Britain, to deploy its .
News & Articles
- Dupont votes to propose new 4-year police pact
DUPONT 8212 Borough Council voted Tuesday night to propose a new four-year contract with the municipality's seven part-time police officers.The proposal will now be reviewed by legal representatives from the borough and the police department before any vote can take place.
June 12, 2013 - Times Leader
- Bloomberg to Propose Spending Billions to Mitigate Storm Risks
Almost eight months after Hurricane Sandy flooded New York’s subways, destroyed homes and blacked out half of Manhattan, Mayor Michael Bloomberg will propose spending billions of dollars to mitigate storm risk along the city’s more than 500 miles of coastline.
June 10, 2013 - Bloomberg
- Groups Propose to Simplify Accounting Rules for Small Businesses
A trade group will announce a framework that would simplify accounting for small companies, and a standards board plans to propose its first ever exceptions for private companies.
June 9, 2013 - New York Times
- John McCain in New York Times
I further propose we inspire the ingenuity and resolve of the American people,Mr. McCain said, "by offering a $300 million prize for the development of a battery package that has the size, capacity, cost and power to leapfrog the...
- Jesse Jackson Jr in FOXNews
Jackson said Wednesday: "I did not initiate nor authorize anyone, at any time, to promise anything to Gov. Blagojevich on my behalf. I never sent a message or an emissary to the governor to make an offer or to propose a deal about the US Senate...