- v issue an injunction
- v give instructions to or direct somebody to do something with authority
- The court enjoined the city council to construct an electric fence around the prison.
- The President, exercising her emergency powers, enjoined the strikers to return to work.
- The trooper was enjoined by the military court to give up his weapon and passport.
News & Articles
- Fishing for answers under the bridge
The three H’s of summer – hazy, hot, humid – had been prevalent all week and the fishing had been nothing much to talk about. Low, warm water put a damper on the enthusiasm of the local fish to enjoin an angler in a bit of diversionary tug of war – a mighty bleak outlook for both to say the least. Nevertheless, I was itching to get out, cast a line and see if anything could be enticed from ...
June 9, 2013 - The Nashua Telegraph
- Gbenga Daniel in NEXT
On this day, we salute this man of valour and extraordinary courage and enjoin all Nigerians to take cue from his outstanding qualities as a statesman, politician and lover of humanity,he said.
- Olusegun Obasanjo in People's Daily Online
It has been a great honor to be your Commander in Chief especially in this period of defense reform. As I fade away, as old soldiers and old Commanders in Chief do, soldiers of the Filipino people, I enjoin you carry on. Be the soldiers of the... President Gloria Macapagal Arroyo http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gloria_Macapagal-Arroyo&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHciuUaC3mAmBG-PoNqvQHJOzqohA Inquirer.net http://www.google.com/url?q=http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/inquirerheadlines/nation/view/20100612-275153/Arroyo-bids-farewell-to-troops&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNFncnybCNuVOlhR51bbciRhJfEjxg Jun 11, 2010
33200 42541 enjoin What we have today is not the beginning of a journey, but a continuation of the journey. I enjoin Nigerians to continue to give us supports so that we can build on the achievements that we have made," Obasanjo said.