- v report or maintain
- v to declare or affirm solemnly and formally as true
- The best western composers have contributed scores for the Grove plays and Bohemians aver that much beautiful music is thereby lost to the world, as the plays are seldom given .
- Henry IVs plotters do not just plan to split their loot (the realm); like law clerks, they aver that "our indentures tripartite are drawn" and "sealed interchangeably.
- Notre Dame authorities aver that none of Bockne's stars Gipp, Miller, Layden, Stuhldreher, Crowley, Flanagan, etc.
News & Articles
- HCA students honored for Highest Overall Averages
<p>Courtesy photo</p> <p>Harrells Christian Academy recognized its middle school students prior to the end of the school year. Those recognized for having the highest overall aver...
June 11, 2013 - Sampson Independent
- Meinhardt Raabe in IndyPosted (blog)
As coroner I must aver, I thoroughly examined her, And she's not only merely dead, she's really most sincerely dead,said Raabe.
- Panfilo Lacson in BusinessWorld Online
Mr. Lacson said: "I will never be an administration ally...... I have always fought the excesses of this administration. And...... to aver I am already with this administration, that is a fact farthest from the truth. That will never happen not even...
- Dan McCarney in Tiger Sports Digest
It is absolutely the only thing I hate about this profession,McCarney said. "Brandon Antwine is one of the most courageous young men I have aver been around. He overcomes something that not only could have ended his career, but affected...