avow : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v to declare or affirm solemnly and formally as true
- v admit openly and bluntly; make no bones about
- Dr Smith did not avow the real reason for canceling his trip to Africa but speculation was rife that he was no longer welcome in the University.
- There was none who did not avow sympathy for the prisoner for all took the position that Victor was being detained unlawfully.
- Mr Smith avowed that he had taken to the field knowing well that he wasn't fully fit.
News & Articles
- Letter: Earth angels
Freya Greenspahn, Naples: Anyone who checks a loved one into Avow Hospice for the end-of-life care can rest assured that he or she will be on the wings of angels for their flight to heaven.
June 5, 2013 - Naples Daily News