- v confirm the truth of
Please verify that the doors are closed
verify a claim
- v check or regulate (a scientific experiment) by conducting a parallel experiment or comparing with another standard
- v attach or append a legal verification to (a pleading or petition)
- v to declare or affirm solemnly and formally as true
- He walked the plane twice after everybody else was off and tried to verify that there was nobody else onboard, and he .
- The numbers are impossible to verify, but it's not hard to locate Falun Gong devotees.
- The Vienna Bureau of Meteorology, for instance, helped him verify the fact that Beethoven died during a violent storm: the weather report of March 26, 1827 noted that a .
News & Articles
- IDology Demonstrates New Photo ID Scan and Validation Solution at NBPCA's Power of Prepaid Event
ATLANTA -- IDology, Inc., a provider of real-time technology solutions that verify an individual's identity and deter fraud anywhere in the payments value chain, will be exhibiting at the upcoming Power ...
June 12, 2013 - GlobeNewswire via Yahoo! Finance
- Verify Brand Platform Provides Security To DoD Supply Chains
In the age of government-targeted cyber attacks and widespread counterfeit electronics, the ability to trace a supplier and verify the authenticity of critical military products is more important than ever
June 10, 2013 - SupplyChainSolutions - SupplyChainMarket
- US immigration reform: Why 'E-Verify' screenings, while flawed, will pass
E-Verify screenings of new workers, in use in some states, has the strongest public support of all the basic elements of immigration reform. It's included in the bill the Senate began debating Friday.
June 7, 2013 - The Christian Science Monitor
- Barack Obama in Washington Post (blog)
It seems as if permits were too often issued based on little more than assurances of safety from the oil companies. That cannot and will not happen anymore. To borrow an old phrase, we will trust, but we will verify,Obama said.
- Michael Bloomberg in CNN International
I had a long conversation with the pilot,Bloomberg said. "He walked the plane twice after everybody else was off, and tried to verify that there was nobody else on board, and assures us there were not."
- President Bush in Seattle Post Intelligencer
We're at a very critical moment now for the North Korean government to make a decision as to whether or not they're going to verify what they said they would do,Bush said in an interview with China's state-run CCTV last week. "It's one...