- v shake, quiver, or throb; move back and forth rapidly, usually in an uncontrolled manner
- v move or swing from side to side regularly
- v be undecided about something; waver between conflicting positions or courses of action
- v sound with resonance
- v feel sudden intense sensation or emotion
- Short hairs, which are located on the front of the snout, transmit higher frequencies and vibrate fastest, while longer whiskers, which are further back, move slower and transmit .
- But his mother, Yeh Hui-mei, noticed that the quiet, shy boy seemed to practically vibrate when he heard the Western pop music she used to play.
- If they vibrate too fast or too slow, an electronic device retunes the transmitter and makes the waves vibrate at the exact frequency that is absorbed most strongly.
News & Articles
- AblePlanet's haptic headset adopts Linx Fusion moniker, we go hands-on
In case you hadn't noticed , "next-gen" is sort of the theme of E3 2013, and the term applies to far more than just video game consoles. Take headphones, for instance -- Able Planet tells us that it's developed what it believes to be the next generation in personal audio: a haptic headset outfitted with ViViTouch technology. Put simply, these things subtly vibrate with an audio source, but in a ...
June 11, 2013 - Engadget
- Hawaiian shirts show solidarity for Va. Beach teen
VIRGINIA BEACH Kelsey McGloon was sound asleep in her Harrisonburg apartment when her pillow started buzzing. It was her cellphone, kept nearby on vibrate in case of emergency. She answered too late and didn't recognize the number, but something in her gut told her she should return the 4 a.m. call. Her baby brother's best friend in Virginia Beach answered.
June 9, 2013 - The Virginian-Pilot
- Watch audio frequencies visualized in sand
(Credit: Video screenshot by Michelle Starr/CNET Australia) If you've never heard of the Chladni plate experiment , the principle is very simple. Sound frequencies create patterns. If you can make a metal at certain frequencies, acoustic resonance will cause those plates to vibrate with those patterns. Normally, you can't actually see this -- unless you sprinkle something granular over the top ...
June 7, 2013 - CNET
- Maynard James Keenan in Blabbermouth.net
I'm on a mission,Keenan said. "I've been assigned to be the guardian of a highly classified, highly effective Sonic Weapon of Mass Disruption. This sonic technology when 'unleashed,' if you will, causes parts of the anatomy to vibrate...
- Philippe Starck in Market Wire (press release)
We were not aiming to create just another speaker,says Philippe Starck. "Our design focused more on making the air vibrate. There is actually a three-dimensional feel to this vibration, meaning that the air is palpable, almost humanlike in...
- Marco Melandri in SuperbikePlanet.com
Marco said, "I got a good start but lost time behind Hopkins but then I got into a good pace and began to fight for the podium with Capirossi and Barros but then the bike started to vibrate and that slowed me down. But thanks to the team and...