evidence : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n your basis for belief or disbelief; knowledge on which to base belief
the evidence that smoking causes lung cancer is very compelling
- n an indication that makes something evident
his trembling was evidence of his fear
- n (law) all the means by which any alleged matter of fact whose truth is investigated at judicial trial is established or disproved
- v provide evidence for; stand as proof of; show by one's behavior, attitude, or external attributes
- v provide evidence for
- v give evidence
- Photographic evidence of Kalashnikov shells scattered around the site of the shooting could also suggest that the Blackwater convoy did come under hostile fire.
- Remarkable new evidence is filling in the story of how we became human.
- Now in its 15th year, the nonprofit has freed more than 200 wrongly convicted people using DNA evidence.
News & Articles
- DNA evidence destroyed
Aurora police say preliminary information shows DNA evidence in 48 alleged sexual assault cases from 2009 was mistakenly destroyed, including one case in which no one has been charged yet.
June 26, 2013 - KKCO Grand Junction
- Aurora police destroyed evidence in 48 sexual assault cases
Evidence in 48 sexual assault cases was improperly destroyed by Aurora police officers who failed to follow protocols and officials are continuing to investigate whether any additional cases
June 25, 2013 - Denver Post
- Evidence of sturgeon spawning in Minn.-Wis. river
Biologists have found evidence that sturgeon are spawning successfully in the St. Louis River, marking only the second time recently hatched sturgeon have been found there.
June 24, 2013 - KTTC Rochester
- David Cameron in CNN (blog)
There is no evidence any British officer was directly engaged in torture in the aftermath of 9/11,Cameron said.
- Condoleezza Rice in ABC News
What we are emphasizing to the Pakistani government is the need to follow the evidence wherever it leads,Rice said today in London. "This is a time for complete, absolute, total transparency and cooperation and that's what we expect."
- Hillary Rodham Clinton in PRESS TV
Ignoring findings of a recent NIE update, Clinton said the Iranians must "present convincing evidence as to the purpose of their nuclear program" in the October 1 meeting with the P5+1 (permanent members of the Security Council plus Germany).