- v provide evidence for; stand as proof of; show by one's behavior, attitude, or external attributes
- v guarantee payment on; of checks
- v authorize officially
- v guarantee as meeting a certain standard
- v declare legally insane
- One measure would be to certify gymnastics coaches and clubs on a national level, ensuring a basic level of safety standards.
- At the same time, El-Baradi has pointed out that the IAEA cannot certify that Iran's program is exclusively peaceful.
- Over the longer term, it's possible that new coal plants may be impossible to certify at all until a technology exists to greatly reduce or sequester carbon emissions from coal .
News & Articles
- Son of Catawba woman deployed to Miss. for evaluated field exercise
Navy Constructionman Jared M. Brooks, son of Julie C. Georges of Catawba and Michael A. Brooks of Bradenton, Fla., and other Sailors assigned to Naval Mobile Construction Battalion 11 recently deployed to Camp Shelby, Miss. to begin their evaluated field exercise. FEX consists of scenario based training and assessments to certify the battalion as the [...]
June 12, 2013 - Roanoke Times
- Air Force, SpaceX cooperate on rocket certification
The Space and Missile Systems Center said Tuesday that it signed an agreement with rocket maker SpaceX to cooperate on the company's efforts to certify one of its launch vehicles for national security missions.
June 12, 2013 - Daily Breeze
- SMC Enters into Cooperative Research and Development Agreement with SpaceX
EL SEGUNDO, Calif., June 11, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The Space and Missile Systems Center has signed a Cooperative Research and Development Agreement (CRADA) with Space Exploration Technologies Corp., better known as SpaceX, as part of the company's effort to certify its Falcon 9...
June 11, 2013 - PR Newswire
- President Bush in Seattle Times
This exemption will enable the Navy to train effectively and to certify carrier and expeditionary strike groups for deployment in support of worldwide operational and combat activities, which are essential to national security,Bush said.
- Mike Leavitt in TIME
Among those recommendations, Leavitt told CBS' The Early Show, was to give agencies more authority to "certify products before they get to the United States that they meet our standards."
- Antonin Scalia in Stateline.org
Under both Democratic and Republican administrations, secretaries of Health and Human Services have declined to certify that foreign drugs _ like those allowed under the Dorgan Foreign Drug Act _ are safe for American consumers. They realized, as I... Mike Enzi http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Enzi&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNFbqFlR3WC3e5XqDYl41Oz3S7gAPQ FOXNews http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.foxnews.com/wires/2007May07/0,4670,ImportedDrugs,00.html&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNEZPrmHPUMBQk6kGWKfS__K3pFUKg May 7, 2007
16362 22777 certiorari Scalia, dissenting from the Supreme Court majority, wrote that the circuit court's opinion was based on the mistaken premise that our grant of certiorari in Baze v. Rees : calls for the stay of every execution in which an individual raises an...