manifest : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a customs document listing the contents put on a ship or plane
- v provide evidence for; stand as proof of; show by one's behavior, attitude, or external attributes
The buildings in Rome manifest a high level of architectural sophistication
- v record in a ship's manifest
each passenger must be manifested
- v reveal its presence or make an appearance
the ghost manifests each year on the same day
- s clearly revealed to the mind or the senses or judgment
- There appeared to be a stowaway in the ship because there were only 110 passengers manifested while 111 passengers disembarked.
- The "manifest destiny" theme was reiterated by a number of current and former Israeli officials.
- The shipping manifest quoted by the BBC is ambiguous at best and does say that the consignee is Kenya's Ministry of Defense.
News & Articles
- Art students show their stuff at Manifest
Eleven artists were chosen to exhibit for Manifest Gallery's ninth annual Rites of Passage exhibit, which celebrates students as they transition into professional careers.
June 14, 2013 - The Cincinnati Enquirer
- Hairy situation for Red Sox
ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. — Good team chemistry can manifest itself in many ways. For the Red Sox, it’s evident on their chins and cheeks.
June 13, 2013 - Boston Globe
- Adaptive Video Packager supports multiscreen work flow.
Supplied in 1 RU package with dual AC or DC, hot-swappable power supplies and 4 Gigabit Ethernet ports, Model AVP100 is engineered for delivery of HTTP Adaptive Bit Rate video services to any video display device. Accepting any combination of MPEG2 Transport Streams, AVP100 outputs encrypted chunks of video and HLS manifest files to web server or CDN for delivery to multiscreen devices. System ...
June 13, 2013 - ThomasNet
- Pope Benedict XVI in Catholic Herald Online
He said: "And so it happened that, in this very year of joy for the sacrament of the priesthood, the sins of priests came to light - particularly the abuse of the little ones, in which the priesthood, whose task is to manifest God's concern for our...
- Robert Gates in The Age
Asked whether he will personally make the point to Turkish leaders in Ankara that they should wrap up the operation quickly, Gates said, "I will make that point but I must say it has been manifest by any number of senior officials pretty...
- Colin Powell in CBS News
When asked how he deals with it, Powell said the following: "Do you get angry, yes. Do you manifest that anger - you protest, you try to get things fixed. But it's a kind of better course of action to take it easy and don't let your anger make the...