- s clearly revealed to the mind or the senses or judgment
the effects of the drought are apparent to anyone who sees the parched fields
- s appearing as such but not necessarily so
for all his apparent wealth he had no money to pay the rent
the committee investigated some apparent discrepancies
- The paucity of details and the apparent laxness with which Chinese security officials treated the hijacking incident were particularly curious to Steven Tsang, a China specialist .
- A prosecution for such an apparent violation could have led to penalties of one year in jail and a $1,000 fine.
- The sudden death an apparent suicide of Freddie Mac 's acting chief financial officer David Kellermann is the latest shock to ripple through the federally backed housing .
- St Jerome in The Associated Press
There's an increasing number of cases where there's no legal fig leaf,Jerome Cohen, a venerable China law expert at New York University who has advised Xue's wife, said in an interview before the verdict. "These are increasingly apparent,...
- Ben Bernanke in Bloomberg
Bernanke said yesterday in the symposium's opening speech that "the financial storm that reached gale force" last year "has not yet subsided, and its effects on the broader economy are becoming apparent in the form of softening economic...
- Tod Leiweke in NESN.com
We've made a tough decision today,Seahawks CEO Tod Leiweke said in a release. "It became apparent after conducting an extensive internal audit that a new direction was needed to provide an opportunity for the organization to be successful....