- v provide evidence for; stand as proof of; show by one's behavior, attitude, or external attributes
His high fever attested to his illness
- v authenticate, affirm to be true, genuine, or correct, as in an official capacity
I attest this signature
- v give testimony in a court of law
- v establish or verify the usage of
This word is not attested until 1993
- The reality, as anyone involved with criminal justice can attest to, is far different.
- Books don't have to be serious to be adapted, as the many movie versions of Elmore Leonard novels attest.
- As Rosen and other activists can attest, horticulture--with its regular, seasonal rewards--is also an ideal vehicle for community-organizing.
News & Articles
- Anthony Anderson’s Prescription for Defeating Diabetes
*Fear can serve as a powerful motivator. Actor and comedian Anthony Anderson has learned first hand that maintaining an exercise regimen and developing strong eating habits requires more than an uneasy conversation with a doctor to stay motivated. Most people can attest to having ignored the “if you don’t change you’re going to die” warning [...]
June 16, 2013 - EURweb
- Hawks’ small Shaw is big on heart
Andrew Shaw called it "luck," attached to another emotional outburst for which he received unconditional absolution from Rocky Wirtz during a morning-after radio appearance by the Chairman of the Blackhawks. But as long as we're on the subject, why not reach for a hat trick of rhymes and settle on "pluck"? Those who have observed his brief yet busy career will attest that Shaw, the "Pocket Pest ...
June 15, 2013 - Daily Herald
- Adam Wainwright Clear Favorite in Cy Young Race
COMMENTARY | Cy Young voting isn't always fair, as Adam Wainwright and his 2009 season can attest. It's quirky, often rooted in curious statistical preferences, and often controversial -- but that's not to say it's wholly unpredictable.
June 14, 2013 - Yahoo! Contributor Network via Yahoo! Sports
- John McCain in FOXNews
I think that that kind of thing is unnecessary. I am proud of my record of service. I have plenty of friends and leaders who will attest to that,McCain said at a press conference in Harrisburg, PA. "If that's the kind of campaign that...
- Barack Obama in Los Angeles Times
I can personally attest that Harry Reid is one of the toughest people I know. He does not give up,Obama said. "He knows what he cares about. He knows what he believes in, and he's willing to fight for it."
- Michael Gomez in FOXBusiness
I can attest, for example, that the success of the surge in Iraq would not have been possible without Gen. McChrystal's exceptional leadership of our special mission unit forces there. Most importantly, of course, he has made enormous contributions... David Petraeus http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Petraeus&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNFjHEm6jiWNJZUKMDq-DzdIyN3nNw CNN (blog) http://www.google.com/url?q=http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2010/06/29/bickering-over-afghan-troop-withdrawal-date-marks-petraeus-hearing/&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNF9tbKReEmchY2jO0996E9rxM77NQ Jun 29, 2010
6492 9579 attestation King's College London's selection of Omada for such a unique implementation is an attestation to Omada's award winning solution and its capabilities to deliver an effective user management solution to higher education customers," said Michael...