- v cause to feel sure; give reassurance to
The airline tried to reassure the customers that the planes were safe
- v give or restore confidence in; cause to feel sure or certain
I reassured him that we were safe
- Eat healthy, exercise and take the time to reassure your significant other.
- Do you appreciate the words and caresses of your distraught family while racked with frustration at your inability to reassure them that they are getting through?.
- When NBC's Matt Lauer asked her whether it was hard to find words to reassure the public, she tried to muster optimism, then circled back to despair.
News & Articles
- Facebook, Microsoft release NSA stats to reassure users
In an effort to reassure users, Facebook discloses it has received legal orders to turn over details on about one-thousandth of one percent of user accounts. So does Microsoft, and Google plans to do the same. [Read more]
June 15, 2013 - CNET
- Facebook releases stats to reassure users about NSA spying
In an effort to reassure users, Facebook discloses that in the United States, it has received legal orders to turn over details on about one-thousandth of one percent of user accounts. Originally posted at News - Politics and Law
June 15, 2013 - CNET
- EU seeks to ease French fears over Hollywood in U.S. trade talks
EU states sought to reassure France on Friday that its culture would be shielded from the might of Hollywood and Silicon Valley, urging Paris not to block a free-trade deal with the United States that ...
June 14, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! Finance
- Yves Saint Laurent in 570 News
In his own words, Saint Laurent said he felt "fashion was not only supposed to make women beautiful, but to reassure them, to give them confidence, to allow them to come to terms with themselves."
- Sean McCormack in FOXNews
We believe this was out of imprudent curiosity, but we are taking steps to reassure ourselves that that is, in fact, the case,McCormack said.
- Lute Olson in SI.com
Olson said he wanted to "reassure everyone that this isn't a health scare, but rather a personal matter that needs my undivided attention."