feign : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v make believe with the intent to deceive
He feigned that he was ill
- v make a pretence of
he feigned sleep
- As a lifelong Catholic, Pelosi could not feign surprise at being called upon by the Church to use her gift for persuasion to restrict abortion legislatively, or at least not to be .
- Authorities believe Kathleen Bush suffers from a variant of Munchausen syndrome, a mental disorder that impels people to feign or induce illness in a twisted bid for attention.
- Howard's sad eyes don't change, don't feign remorse or regret, just stay sad, and his gold-plated teeth are the only .
News & Articles
- What's on Tap: Milford spikers one step from redemption
The Milford boys volleyball team isn’t going to feign ignorance. It isn’t going to neglect the past, or pretend it has no bearing on the present. The players remember what happened a year ago just fine. They know just how close they came to a state championship – three points short.
June 12, 2013 - The Sudbury Town Crier
- Rumor Roundup: Miley Cyrus Descends on Silicon Valley and Goldman Guys Love Uber
Just Being Miley. We don’t know what Instagram did to deserve this, but leopard-print leotard Miley Cyrus paid a visit to the company’s offices this week. She appropriately posted a picture of herself on her zany Instagram account acting all “rock and roll” or whatever she’s trying to be like today. Look at all those poor employees trying to feign interest! But Instagram wasn’t the only social ...
June 7, 2013 - The New York Observer
- Robert L. Park in Christian Post
I give them candy and I feign fright,Park said. "They enjoy it, what the [expletive]. The problem is the ones that never get over it."
- Winston Churchill in FOXNews
In a statement released Tuesday, Churchill said he was not defending the Sept. 11 attacks, "but simply pointing out that if US foreign policy results in massive death and destruction abroad, we cannot feign innocence when some of that destruction is...
- Graeme Souness in Telegraph.co.uk
Souness said: "He told me he felt his hamstring was a bit tight. But my first-team coach Dean Saunders informed me that Bellamy had told other players in the dressing room he was going to feign an injury. I took him to see the chairman on Friday...