- n the conscious subjective aspect of feeling or emotion
- v have an effect upon
Will the new rules affect me?
- v act physically on; have an effect upon
the medicine affects my heart rate
- v connect closely and often incriminatingly
This new ruling affects your business
- v make believe with the intent to deceive
- v have an emotional or cognitive impact upon
- Four key trouble spots face new polls over the next year, and each will be affected by and affect the Obama presidency.
- Here's a a survey of today's addictions you may not even be aware you have and a look at one way an addiction can affect the brain.
- In our annual PTI 100 issue, we do the impossible: name the people who most affect our world.
- Sonia Sotomayor in CQPolitics.com
Our experiences as women and people of color affect our decisions,said Sotomayor as she argued on behalf of more women and minority judges. "The aspiration to impartiality is just that - it's an aspiration because it denies the fact that...
- Barack Obama in New York Times
I will seek someone who understands that justice isn't about some abstract legal theory or footnote in a casebook,Mr. Obama said during an unscheduled appearance in the White House briefing room. "It is also about how our laws affect the...
- David Cameron in Telegraph.co.uk
The newish Government says it must cut state spending in its inaugural Budget on June 22, in ways that will "affect our economy, our society, indeed our entire way of life".