- v put, fix, force, or implant
- v stay put (in a certain place); we are not moving to Cincinnati"
- v stick to firmly
- v be or become fixed
- v endure
- v be a devoted follower or supporter
- v be loyal to
- v cover and decorate with objects that pierce the surface
- v fasten with an adhesive material like glue
- v fasten with or as with pins or nails
- v fasten into place by fixing an end or point into something
- v pierce with a thrust using a pointed instrument
- v pierce or penetrate or puncture with something pointed
- v come or be in close contact with; stick or hold together and resist separation
- v saddle with something disagreeable or disadvantageous
- v be a mystery or bewildering to
- s extending out above or beyond a surface or boundary
a pile of boards sticking over the end of his truck
- I am sticking with Kings.
- Both sticking points are subsets of the greater problems facing Iraq: Federalism and the role of Islam in governance.
- The next day supermarket executive Leno LaBianca and his wife were killed in a similar fashion, a fork used to carve the word WAR on his belly left sticking out of his corpse.
News & Articles
- App of the Day: Float your boat in Michigan
Sticking with the outdoor theme (yesterday was beaches), today's App of the Day is the MI Camping and Recreation Locator, brought to you by the DNR.
June 11, 2013 - Times Herald
- Cramer Likes Facebook
Jim Cramer is sticking with Facebook. He likes being vindicated by new analyst reports that support the stock's futures.
June 11, 2013 - TheStreet.com
- Jim Delany Received Contract Extension as Big Ten Commissioner Through 2018
Jim Delany is sticking around for a little while longer. Adam Rittenberg reports that ESPN has confirmed with the Big Ten that the longtime commissioner had his contract extended in 2011, which will carry through June 30, 2018. Way to keep things quiet for so long in this media-crazed world we live in. According to the report, the league's Council of Presidents/Chancellors approved the extension ...
June 11, 2013 - Bleacher Report
- Isiah Thomas in Newsday
We had surrendered,Thomas said. "Those guys shouldn't have been in the game at that point. And you know, they were sticking it to us pretty good and they were having their way with us. I think JR Smith had just made one dunk where he...
- Darius Reynaud in SportingNews.com
I think this is going to be the biggest game we have this (season) because of what happened,wide receiver Darius Reynaud said. "After coach Rod left, we got together as a team, and we've been sticking together."
- Barry Trotz in ESPN
It's unfortunate when anybody gets hurt in the game. But looking at it, I thought it was a pretty clean hit. I mean they did collide knee on knee. But there was no sticking out of the knee,Trotz said.