- v separate or cut with a tool, such as a sharp instrument
cleave the bone
- v make by cutting into
The water is going to cleave a channel into the rock
- v come or be in close contact with; stick or hold together and resist separation
- Addressing such issues could help heal the divisions that cleave our country.
- Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.
- The government is seeking to avoid court chaos by persuading at least some creditors to agree to a plan that would cleave General Motors into two pieces.
News & Articles
- West golf notepad: Ron Theriot, Ray Woodard bag aces
PORT ARTHUR — Ron Theriot of Groves celebrated a hole in one for the seventh time last week when he aced the 120-yard, 2nd at Babe Zaharias. Theriot used a 7-wood. The shot was witnessed by Stedman Tahaney, Guy Van Cleave and Ray Trahan.
June 11, 2013 - Port Arthur News
- Traffic stop leads to forgery arrest
One man admitted to stealing checks after a vehicle in which he was a passenger was pulled over by Dayton police Saturday night. Cleave E. Baker, 31, was arrested on suspicion of felony charges of forgery and theft, along with a misdemeanor charge of receiving stolen property. According to a police report, the driver, Paul Harmon, 34, did not have a license when an officer stopped his car at ...
June 10, 2013 - WHIO-TV 7 Dayton
- Julie Van Cleave named chief investment officer at UW Foundation
Julie Van Cleave, the former lead manager of the $5 billion, Bronze-rated Oppenheimer Capital Appreciation Fund, will join the University of Wisconsin Foundation investment team.
June 6, 2013 - University of Wisconsin - Madison