lodge : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n English physicist who studied electromagnetic radiation and was a pioneer of radiotelegraphy (1851-1940)
- n a formal association of people with similar interests
- n small house at the entrance to the grounds of a country mansion; usually occupied by a gatekeeper or gardener
- n a small (rustic) house used as a temporary shelter
- n any of various Native American dwellings
- n a hotel providing overnight lodging for travelers
- v be a lodger; stay temporarily
- v put, fix, force, or implant
lodge a bullet in the table
- v file a formal charge against
- v provide housing for
- After they checked in at the lodge and had lunch, the three friends went out for a hike.
- Then you're walked around the lodge room, introduced to each of the main officers.
News & Articles
- Moose Lodge to serve pasta to seniors
SALEM -- The Moose Lodge is hosting a pasta supper this month to benefit Salem seniors. The benefit, which is open to the public, will be held Friday, June 21, from 5 to 9 p.m. at the Moose Family Center, 50 Grove St. In addition to the pasta dinner
June 12, 2013 - The Salem News
- A LODGE NOTICESedalia Lodge No. 236 AF & AM of
A LODGE NOTICESedalia Lodge No. 236 AF & AM of MO will meet at 6:30 p.m. at 601 W. Broadway on May 12, 2013 to present a 50-year pin and certificate. A regular stated meeting will follow at 7:00 p.m. Freemasons welcome.Paul R. Cannon, WMBill Talley, Secretary
June 11, 2013 - Sedalia Democrat
- Anderson lodge's decline mirrors city's changed demographics
Anderson Elks Lodge 209 wants to auction off its building at 1803 Broadway St. The lodge has about 260 members, a sharp decline from the nearly 2,000 members it boasted in the 1970s.
June 11, 2013 - Indianapolis Business Journal
- Joe Biden in 89.3 KPCC
The thing I love so much about the day is the irony,Biden said. "Here we are in the hunting lodge of a dictator who subjugated a people, who in fact stood for everything that we don't stand for, and we are in the middle of this marble...
- Nobutaka Machimura in CTV.ca
We plan to lodge a strong protest,Machimura said.
- Ijaz Butt in AFP
It is a big lie that there were no policeman. We will lodge a protest with the ICC,said Butt.