- n the phenomenon of sediment or gravel accumulating
- n matter that has been deposited by some natural process
- n the natural process of laying down a deposit of something
- n money deposited in a bank or some similar institution
- n a partial payment made at the time of purchase; the balance to be paid later
- n money given as security for an article acquired for temporary use
his deposit was refunded when he returned the car
- n a payment given as a guarantee that an obligation will be met
- n a facility where things can be deposited for storage or safekeeping
- n the act of putting something somewhere
- v put, fix, force, or implant
- v put into a bank account
She deposits her paycheck every month
- v put (something somewhere) firmly
deposit the suitcase on the bench
- The Federal Deposit Insurance Corp.
- Only 59% of baby boomers use direct deposit for their federal-benefit checks--a sharp falloff from the 72% rate of older generations.
- When a buddy meets a buddySome deposit-starved banks have long tried attracting new business with gifts like toasters and TV sets.
News & Articles
- Texas Deposit Rates Outshine National Averages, But City of Dallas Lags Behind Both, According to New ...
Local interest rate-aggregating website, http://www.DallasBankingRates.com , releases a new study examining savings account and CD interest rates in Dallas, Texas, finding average deposit rates in the city are lower than average rates throughout Texas and the United States. The investigation also names the ten best savings account rates in Dallas. (PRWeb June 13, 2013) Read the full story at ...
June 13, 2013 - PRWeb
- From $1 to $100,000 in Savings Protection: CDIC Announces Memorandum of Understanding with U.S. Federal Deposit ...
Canada Deposit Insurance Corporation announced today the signing of a memorandum of understanding with the U.S. Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation that formalizes and strengthens cross-border cooperation ...
June 12, 2013 - Marketwired via Yahoo! Finance
- Deposit Theatre Fundraiser
The show must go on in Deposit. The village is rallying around the State Theater as it faces its latest challenge. Following a roof collapse in 1988, a fire in 94 and the flood of '06, the movie theater must now come up with about $70,000 to convert its film projector to digital. The Deposit Rotary recently helped to raise $3,000 by sponsoring a shopping spree raffle. The winner, Bill Koharck ...
June 11, 2013 - News Channel 34 Binghamton
- President Bush in International Herald Tribune
One major deposit in the Rocky Mountain West alone would equal current annual oil imports for more than 100 years,Bush said. "Unfortunately, Democrats in Congress are standing in the way of further development."
- John Mack in Bloomberg
Mitsubishi UFJ would be a valuable partner as we transition to a bank holding company and build our bank services and deposit base,Mack said in a statement. "This alliance also would build on Morgan Stanley's deep ties and market...
- Ben Bernanke in BusinessWeek
The use of reverse repos and the deposit facility would together allow the Federal Reserve to drain hundreds of billions of dollars of reserves from the banking system quite quickly, should it choose to do so,Bernanke told Congress in March.