- v remove or force out from a position
The dentist dislodged the piece of food that had been stuck under my gums
- v change place or direction
- v remove or force from a position of dwelling previously occupied
The new employee dislodged her by moving into her office space
- The Bush Administration has steadfastly refused to even consider ending the embargo, a policy that may sway elections in Florida but has failed utterly to dislodge the regime in .
- The Taliban have failed to dislodge them despite launching massive annual offensives but they did strike a body blow last week by assassinating the Northern Alliance's key .
- Unlike their elders, the younger generation believes that the 45-year-old economic embargo against Cuba has utterly failed to dislodge its communist leader.
News & Articles
- Toes Go Missing As Man Naps, Family Pet Suspected
Brazil, IN – Wednesday morning, Clay County resident, Roger Brown, awoke to find two of his toes missing on one foot. You would think someone would feel them dislodge or fall off, right? According to Brown, he roused from sleep around 4:30 am to find his pit bull licking his foot and, when he glanced down, [...] Toes Go Missing As Man Naps, Family Pet Suspected is a post from: The Inquisitr
June 13, 2013 - The Inquisitr
- Peter Ueberroth in CNN
China has been systematically targeting every single available medal, and we're going to have to do that in the future,Ueberroth said. "It's going to be very difficult (to dislodge China). The resources that they put toward their Olympic...
- Charles Schumer in Forbes
If senators cast their vote with their conscience, they would speak with near unanimity that there is no confidence in the attorney general,said Schumer. "Their united voice would undoubtedly dislodge the attorney general from the post...
- Thomas Fingar in International Herald Tribune
It's my observation that it's very hard to dislodge a mistaken interpretation once it gets into the head of a decisionmaker who has used it in a speech, built it into a policy, conveyed it to colleagues around the world,Fingar said. "That...