- n a lump on the body caused by a blow
- n something that bulges out or is protuberant or projects from its surroundings
- n an impact (as from a collision)
the bump threw him off the bicycle
- v knock against with force or violence
My car bumped into the tree
- v come upon, as if by accident; meet with
- v dance erotically or dance with the pelvis thrust forward
bump and grind
- v assign to a lower position; reduce in rank
- v remove or force from a position of dwelling previously occupied
- This announcement typically gives a candidate a 5-point temporary bump that dissipates.
- Known as the bump collection, it deformed the silhouette with Quasimodo-style padded lumps placed strangely and strategically on models' backs, shoulders and hips.
- The bump-and-bite is far more serious.
News & Articles
- Just a bull run bump
Just a bull run bump Associated Press Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. Published 9:00 pm, Friday, June 21, 2013 New York It's really not so bad. Sure, the stock market is down nearly 5 percent since May 21, the day before the Federal Reserve first said it could begin pulling back its economic ...
June 22, 2013 - Albany Times Union
- Wild week may just be a bump in the bull run
Wild week may just be a bump in the bull run the Associated Press Published Jun 21, 2013 10:02PM MDT New York • It’s really not so bad. Investors decided that the stock market has suffered enough, at least for now. After a two-day plunge, stocks ended slightly down for the week but with an advance on Friday, the Dow up about 40 points. Sure, the stock markets have declined nearly 5 percent since ...
June 22, 2013 - The Salt Lake Tribune
- Bump Club and Beyond™ Launches in San Francisco
CHICAGO, June 18, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Bump Club and Beyond™, the country's largest social event group for moms and moms-to-be, is adding another "sibling" to its network by expanding west to ...
June 18, 2013 - PR Newswire via Yahoo! Finance
- Arlen Specter in The Patriot-News - PennLive.com
I was surprised by the ...... findings because I have been feeling so good,Specter said in the statement. "I consider this just another bump on the road to a successful recovery from Hodgkin's."
- Kris Benson in USA Today
I had a rough couple days,Benson said Wednesday. "I don't know if it's just a little bump that I'm going through or what, but the last couple days have been pretty sore. ...... Whenever it gets flared up like it is, it's tough to get that...