excrescence : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n something that bulges out or is protuberant or projects from its surroundings
the bony excrescence between its horns
- n (pathology) an abnormal outgrowth or enlargement of some part of the body
- In his second book Grass has turned to another grotesquea gawky adolescent named Joachim Mahlke who is afflicted by a quivering excrescence of flesh over his Adam's apple.
- As every Junker knows Herr Darr regards their class as a feudal excrescence on new Germany.
- Franklin Roosevelt, who recently described columnists as unnecessary excrescences, turned out to be a onetime excrescence himself.
News & Articles
- Meanwhile, in Chicago, Joel Reese defends Clark the Pantsless Cub.
Meanwhile, in Chicago, Joel Reese defends Clark the Pantsless Cub . Neil Steinberg does not . Some highlights: "Horror ... pantsless obscenity ... Smurf-like blandness ... monstrosity ... homogenized ... this excrescence ... designed to pacify the sick children it visits in hospitals (thus freeing actual players from the chore, a colleague even more cynical than myself pointed out) ... The love ...
Jan. 15, 2014 - Deadspin
- Paul Bowles in guardian.co.uk
The desert is described as lifeless, and Bowles writes in one of his grimmer passages, "Now there was a grey, insect-like vegetation everywhere, a tortured scrub of hard shells and stiff hairy spines that covered the earth like an excrescence of...