- n the state of being prominent: widely known or eminent
- n relative importance
- n something that bulges out or is protuberant or projects from its surroundings
he stood on the rocky prominence
- Nissen, 58, a heart specialist at the Cleveland Clinic, started his climb to medical prominence in 1987 when he recognized that newer ultrasound imaging devices could be .
- Zhang also brought the actress Gong Li to prominence, casting her in starring roles in six of his films.
- Just a Country Girl Jessica Lynch's rise to national prominence: The Private Jessica Lynch What really happened in Iraq and how she plans to find her .
News & Articles
- Brent Lundy, Vorov, Free Time
Lundy and the Lucky 13 — Longtime scene veteran Brett Lundy came to prominence as the frontman for the power-pop act The Ultraviolets, but these days he fronts a roots-pop act that incorporates soul and Americana flourishes into his patented, hook-filled songcraft.
June 12, 2013 - Free Times
- Sources: Booker, Pallone in US Senate race in NJ
Newark Mayor Cory Booker, who has used his social-media and political savvy to gain national prominence, is in the race to finish the U.S. Senate term of the late Frank Lautenberg, along with two Democratic congressmen and a...
June 12, 2013 - WNCT Greenville
- Chicago's municipal device: The city's symbol lurking in plain sight
Though many Chicagoans have forgotten it, the city’s municipal device may be on its way back to prominence. A few years ago my colleague Elliott Ramos took an extensive look at Chicago’s love affair with its flag . And while the Chicago flag is a wonderful example of meaningful design and a potent sign of civic pride, the municipal device is both older and more versatile. And ready to make a ...
June 11, 2013 - WBEZ 91.5 Chicago
- Phil Jackson in San Diego Union Tribune
I've had tremendous successes and ultimately some great highs in this game, but the ultimate thing is about this team coming back into prominence in this game,Jackson said. "We want this team to get back that consistency of a team that wan...
- Armistead Maupin in guardian.co.uk
We've made progress from utter invisibility 30 years ago to prominence in the cultural scene, but with that prominence has come a more rampant form of homophobia,Maupin told AP. "My hope is that we're close to the time that homophobia...