- n something that bulges out or is protuberant or projects from its surroundings
the gun in his pocket made an obvious bulge
- v swell or protrude outwards
His stomach bulged after the huge meal
- v bulge out; form a bulge outward, or be so full as to appear to bulge
- v bulge outward
- v cause to bulge or swell outwards
- By September 2001, she had succeeded in dropping from 78 kilos to 57 kilos, but she also complained of headaches and her eyes seemed to bulge.
- According to Bullard, if the South American bulge had once fitted under the bulge of Africa, the continuance of the delineation between the two rock regions would be found running .
- The Earth's rotation pushes the tidal bulge slightly ahead of the Earth-moon alignment; the moon's gravity, however, yanks the bulges back to keep them in line.
News & Articles
- World War II vet receives French Legion of Honor
As he approaches his 95th birthday in September, Forrest Citian Charles Lawson has a lot of memories. Among the most vivid are memories of World War II – the North African Campaign, Sicily, the Normandy Invasion and the Battle of the Bulge.
June 21, 2013 - Forrest City Times-Herald
- Battle of the Bulge teased for iPhone
Developer Shenandoah Studio has teased an upcoming release of Battle of the Bulge for iPhone via Vine , of all things. You can watch the full (six-second) video below. As you can see above, the studio's great strategy is definitely coming to the iPhone. Shenandoah notes that the update will make the game universal, so if you've already bought this great World War II strategy title on the iPad ...
June 20, 2013 - The Unofficial Apple Weblog
- Space age-like suit helping patients fight fat
HOUSTON -- There's a new weapon in the battle against the bulge, and there are few like it around the world. KHOU 11’s Mia Gradney reports on the HYPOXI-Method.
June 19, 2013 - KHOU 11 Houston
- Henry Paulson in Los Angeles Times
If we do not take action soon, the coming demographic bulge will compromise the programs' ability to support people who depend on them,said Treasury Secretary Henry M. Paulson Jr., one of four high-ranking government officials who serve as...
- Victoria Beckham in E Canada Now
Victoria said: "I think guys should wear jeans big and baggy, with a big pair of boots or flip-flops - exactly how you see David when he's out in his jeans and T-shirt. Do not pull them up tight and have your bulge showing. Let it hang! I didn't...
- Scott Linehan in Seattle Post Intelligencer
Steven came out of the game with some severe back spasms,Linehan said. "He had it looked at today and it shows he has a disk bulge in his lower back which is treatable. We're optimistic for his return even as soon as New Orleans (Nov. 11)....