- v extend out or project in space
- v bulge outward
- v swell or protrude outwards
- Then, holding out her arms so that her wrists protrude from her jacket, she adds, "I've never had any face lifts either.
- Layers of earth, each covering deposits millions of years old, protrude naked, leaving only broken slabs of rock.
- But what makes soft plaque doubly dangerous is that it doesn't always protrude into the hole where the blood flows.
News & Articles
- Woman Asks Doctors to Help Her Baby Boy Who Has Grown a Tail
A woman in China is hoping that doctors will help her with her seven-month-old son's three-inch long "tail," which apparently is still growing. Named Xiao Wei, the boy was born with spina bifida. In spina bifida, the spinal column does not fully close. Unfortunately, Xiao has a variant of the condition which causes the spinal cord to protrude and form a sac. Chen Wei, the mother, said multiple ...
June 22, 2013 - Opposing Views
- Fine-tuned: Music teacher devotes time to repairing, making string instruments
WENATCHEE—Aaron Davis’ garage has not resembled a garage in years. Instead of skis, bicycles or tools hanging from the walls, bows, instruments and horsehair delicately dangle around the workshop. Shelves of shiny black viola and violin cases wait to be repaired. On a table, a violin lies in shambles in an open case. All the strings are gone except for a few stragglers that protrude from around ...
June 20, 2013 - The Wenatchee World
- Wilson Tuckey in The Age
The quantities of water that exist on earth far outweigh the "areas that still protrude above it", Mr Tuckey said.
- Walter Jones in AirForceTimes.com
They told us the reason for this was because of ADA and some other laws, that they want people to have free access to movement in the hallway,Jones said. "Well they got it with these screen posters. They don't protrude."
- Coco Crisp in MLB.com
They get the cereal coming in the house, Cocoa Krispies, and they had the character with the big ears on there and my ears were bigger than they are now,Crisp said. "They still protrude a little bit, but when you're younger, they tend to...