- v give something useful or necessary to
We provided the room with an electrical heater
- v give what is desired or needed, especially support, food or sustenance
The hostess provided lunch for all the guests
- v determine (what is to happen in certain contingencies), especially by including a proviso condition or stipulation
The will provides that each child should receive half of the money
The Constitution provides for the right to free speech
- v mount or put up
- v make a possibility or provide opportunity for; permit to be attainable or cause to remain
This procedure provides for lots of leeway
- v supply means of subsistence; earn a living
He provides for his large family by working three jobs
- v take measures in preparation for
provide for the proper care of the passengers on the cruise ship
- We will provide relief to states, so they can continue to employ teachers, firefighters, and police officers and provide vital services without having to unnecessarily raise middle .
- Beyond their obvious "ick" factor, the sites provide a fascinating insight into the world of anorexics.
- It can provide up to 80% of the average household's electricity and shave $600 or more off annual utility costs.
- Hillary Rodham Clinton in Los Angeles Times
This announcement is as convincing an answer to the efforts undertaken by Iran over the last few days as any we could provide,Clinton said.
- Barack Obama in CTV.ca
Our highest priority in Toronto must be to safeguard and strengthen the recovery,Obama says in his letter, dated June 16 but released publicly on Friday morning. "This means that we should reaffirm our unity of purpose to provide the...
- Roger Clemens in Inquirer.net
I did not provide Brian McNamee with any drugs to inject into my body,Clemens said in his video. "Brian McNamee did not inject steroids or human growth hormones into my body either, when I played in Toronto for the Blue Jays, or the New...